- EXT uses state of the art, mobile-phone technology, minimising the size
- and weight of both the collar and handset; at the same time as enabling
- reliable ‘communication’ with a much longer reach, of well over a mile,
- on ideal terrain. Nevertheless, such long distance control should only
- be enforced, if you know what the dog is doing at the moment of
- correction. Since the vast majority of RT use is reserved for the
- encouragement of obedience, a subtle, tap-on-the-shoulder will be
- perceived by your dog with his ‘sixth sense’, just as though it were
- your telepathic influence. Dogs will never understand the concept of
- after-the-event punishment. When used as a deterrent from anti-social or
- life threatening activities, the RT is employed solely to associate the
- unpleasant, higher levels of stimulation with his actions… and with his
- actions alone. Correction is made whilst he is doing it… not some
- seconds later when he might well have forgotten what he was doing wrong.
- Herein lies the most powerful rationale for using remote trainers… to
- enhance the dog’s limited logic… of linking cause with effect.
- this new PAC EXT Remote Trainer, a remedial training regime should
- enable you to break into an obstinate dog’s train of thoughts… and grab his attention. The dog will believe that you have now acquired an irresistible authority and there is little point in him protesting when you reach out, from almost any distance,to tap
- him on his shoulder. The training process should quickly become a
- stress-free and more pleasurable experience – both for the dog and
- for you, since he should then respond more readily to your gentler
- voice or whistle commands. And, in most situations, the dog ultimately
- can be weaned from the collar altogether.
For a dog to enjoy a
- fulfilling life, he needs plenty of exercise, ideally running free. This
- can only be possible if you can trust him off the lead. To gain this
- trust, there are very few dependable methods recommended by the experts,
- and whereas spray collars might offer a short
- term respite,certainly there are few more successful long-term,
- long-reach tools than a PAC Remote Trainer, which acts as a very long,
- invisible line that can tingle, but never tangle.
To simplify the
- operation and to assist your heat-of-the-moment decisions, the EXT
- system provides a choice of three different combinations of correction
- styles and stimulation levels that you have preset to cater for the
- addressed dog’s individual sensitivity, characteristics, temperament and
- perception.Thus, beside a ‘beep’ tone warning alone, as the first and
- most humane correction option, each stimulation level can be preset in conjunction with two other correction styles – the very safe momentary (single pulse) or the more urgent continuous pulsing:
- the LOW-level, threshold tickle is set to be just high enough to ‘seek attention’ during obedience misdemeanor's, such as deafness to recall. This level should never be painful: merely a reminder that you, as alpha member of the pack, are still in charge.
- the normal, MID-level, which is a more uncomfortable, aversion
- level: a deterrent level that is mostly sufficient as a one- or
- two-off dissuasion from anti-social behavior, such as being a nuisance,
- eating other animals’ feces or harder-headed obstinacy; and…
- the red zone, emergency HIGH-level, that, if all else fails, should deter the dog once and for all from the most serious, offensive behavior: a much preferred alternative
- to being run-over, getting shot or any other dire result that could
- follow a life-threatening activity to himself or to others.
- regardless of any correction style that has been preset, whenever a
- trigger is held for longer than ½ second, the EXT will also
- automatically assume a temporary emergency situation and override a
- preset momentary style with continuous pulsing.